Friday, November 1, 2013

The Internship

If Scary Movie 5 hadn't come out this year, The Internship would be the worst movie I've seen all year. 
Usually, I would compile a list of wrongs about this movie and spend paragraph after paragraphs dissecting how terrible it was.  I can't do that with The Internship.  The movie already brought me 2 hours closer to my death (that's right, it's 2 hours long!!!!), so I won't waste the remainder of my existence devoting a long diatribe to it.
In short, it is horribly unfunny.  There are almost no laughs in this entire film (which is 2 hours long!!!!).  You are being duped by the vague promise of the hilarity of The Wedding Crashers into paying to watch a 2 hour long (2 hours!!!!) Google ad.  Don't do it.  Don't make the same mistake I did.
Every scene is just people rambling for about 5 minutes longer than the scene should be.  Nothing about the plot or character motivations makes any kind of sense.  Even worse, this movie is so bad that I couldn't even enjoy the presence of Rose Byrne! 
The plot is essentially The Bad News Bears but with Google.  But it's like someone ate a worn out VHS of The Bad News Bears, shit it out, respooled it, and made me watch it.  It was so relentlessly terrible that I started hemorrhaging and was briefly hospitalized.
This movie should be changed from The Internship to The Internment Camp.  That's what it felt like.  I was a prisoner of this movie (for 2 hours!!!!).  Anything else you could possibly spend your time and money on, spend it on that. 
2 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment