Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Inglourious Basterds

This is not the first time I have seen this movie.  I've watched it probably a dozen times.  But if I haven't reviewed a movie and I watch it, I'll be adding it the the reviews.

This is not my favorite Tarantino movie (that's "Pulp Fiction") or the most watchable ("Jackie Brown") but it is, to me, his best made film.  My only fault with this movie is that it is too short (and at 2 1/2 hours that's saying something).  I want to see more of the Basterds and more of Hans Landa and more of everything.

"Inglorious Basterds" is revisionist history at its finest.  The story involves multiple plotlines that converge on a scheme to destroy the Nazi high command in at a movie premiere. 

The dialogue is phenomenal.  The acting perfect.  The soundtrack outstanding.  It is violent when it needs to be.  Talkative when it needs to be.  And always awesomely entertaining.

World War II movies should be outlawed from here on out.  Tarantino has crafted the WW2 movie to end WW2 movies.  If somehow, you haven't already seen this film, go do it.  Right now.

Rating: 9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment